Photobucket

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Highlander Series - Karen Marie Moning

Photobucket

This series I place up at the top with the "Outlander" Series by Diana Gabaldon. You CANNOT go wrong reading about these beautiful men which sprung from Karen Marie Moning's imagination. I would love to be able to write like her. She is just fantastic, and makes it really difficult to choose one Highlander over another.

Unlike a lot of romance novels, Karen's characters have more depth to them and there exists a real chemistry between the hero and heroine. These are definitely soulmate/twin flame stories.

Can you say Druid Binding Vows?

Photobucket
My favorite books in this series are Kiss of the Highlander, The Dark Highlander, and To Tame a Highland Warrior. (For myself, Kiss and Dark are ties for the #1 spot but that Grimm... hmm, maybe those 3 books are #1 for me. Can I do that?)

It does help to read this series in the correct order to learn more about Adam, and I HIGHLY recommend that Kiss and Dark are read in order. Also, don't let the synopsis on the backs of these books fool you. Sometimes the write up's make these stories sound like the complete opposite of what they truly are. Believe me when I say these are not hokey, silly romances with farfetched plots. These are very well written novels with much more character development than a lot of romances out there.

Read Karen's Highlander series, and you will not be disappointed. They have everything you could possibly want to read in a romance. And again, I cannot stress enough how much I fell in love with Kiss, Dark, and then Tame. Every KMM fan - aka "Maniac" - has their favorite highlander(s) but usually we go back and forth from re-read to re-read. Lol! For me personally, however, my top 3 will forever be Drustan/Dageus/Grimm.

While most people read this series in order, I didn't and had no trouble at all. Personally, I would recommend reading Kiss (Drustan/Gwen's story) followed by Dark (Dageus/Chloe's story) first. And as I said earlier, those two MUST be read in that order. Once you read Kiss, you'll understand why.
I love both those characters so much. Drustan is the most "romantic" of the Highlanders, and Dageus... wonderfully naughty, but self-sacrificing for the one's he loves!


http://www.karenmoning.com/kmm/novels.html

Photobucket

No comments: